Monday 6 August 2012

Olympic Torch

I'm sure you see a lot of Olympic torches out there so I thought I would give you my interpretation.


Materials


  • Cellophane- Red, Orange
  • Tissue Paper- Yellow, Red, Orange
  • Long Paper Roll
  • Aluminium Foil
  • Paper
  • Markers
  • Glue

Method
  1. Start off by covering the long paper roll in aluminium foil. I found that the easiest way to do this was lying a sheet flat on the table, putting glue on the foil and then rolling the paper roll along the foil so it sticks and then covers the roll.
  2. Cut off any extra aluminium foil at either end.
  3. Using a mix off cellophane and tissue paper create a fire at one end.
  4. Using paper and markers decorate the torch as you see fit.
  5. To extend this activity you can have groups make different designs then race in a relay race.


No comments:

Post a Comment